Casual French restaurant?
Alan Mazer
2013-11-21 15:22:31 UTC
Okay, I'll try a different subject. Yesterday I had a hankering for Coq
Au Vin. I can make it myself, given about 6 hours in the kitchen, and I
know that there are fancy French places where I can get it for $30 a
plate if I put on a jacket and tie. Any suggestions where I can get
such a thing in a more casual environment? It doesn't seem to be on the
menu at Taix or Cafe Beaujolais.
b***@MIX.COM
2013-11-23 01:04:02 UTC
Post by Alan Mazer
Okay, I'll try a different subject. Yesterday I had a hankering for Coq
Au Vin. I can make it myself, given about 6 hours in the kitchen, and I
know that there are fancy French places where I can get it for $30 a
plate if I put on a jacket and tie. Any suggestions where I can get
such a thing in a more casual environment? It doesn't seem to be on the
menu at Taix or Cafe Beaujolais.
If you'd like it at home without the hassle of making it yourself -

http://store.frenchsaveur.com/coqauvin.html

I've known the chef (Jean Christophe "JC" Dupire) for many years.
He is quite good. He's at farmers' markets on weekends (Beverley
Glenn and Pacific Palisades), and also delivers. See the bottom
of his home page for more info -

http://store.frenchsaveur.com/

He makes his own sausages and pates, which are excellent. I'm
a huge fan of his Merguez, and his Jambon Persille.

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer
bcc 20$ ; not a number
Alan Mazer
2013-11-23 01:22:37 UTC
Post by b***@MIX.COM
If you'd like it at home without the hassle of making it yourself -
http://store.frenchsaveur.com/coqauvin.html
Wow, that looks good. Thank you!