California's Cottage Food Industry...
Peter Lawrence
2013-08-09 22:24:27 UTC
I don't recall anyone mentioning it here, but with the passage of California
Assembly Bill AB-1616 last September as of this past January people with a
new type of valid permit could start selling legally certain types of food
made in their homes.

Here are a links of several articles about this new law:

http://cottagefoods.org/laws/usa/california/

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2013/01/the_deal_with_cas_new_cottage.php

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2013/03/12/san-francisco-finally-catches-up-to-cottage-food-law/

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/21/local/la-me-home-kitchen-20130122

- Peter
Steve Pope
2013-08-10 02:23:00 UTC
Post by Peter Lawrence
I don't recall anyone mentioning it here, but with the passage of California
Assembly Bill AB-1616 last September as of this past January people with a
new type of valid permit could start selling legally certain types of food
made in their homes.
Expect more listeria legislation going forward.

If it's artisan and non-commercial, it's all good!!

Steve