Panda Express - Chork
Julian Macassey
2016-08-12 00:52:44 UTC
Maybe for recent arrivals from Idaho, or some such. If, however, anybody
born and raised in the BA needs this, then the person rode in a little
yellow van to school. If born and raised in SF, the person's tongue is
still attached to the van's window.
http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Panda-Express-has-revealed-a-brilliant-new-way-to-9135197.php
I'm not sure if you are knocking Panda Express or the
Chork.

The chork, like the spork is something that is worth
keeping in case you find yourself sitting on a rock and tryimng
to juggle some food.

As for the Panda Express. They came out of a well
respected restaurant in Pasadena called the Panda Inn. In the
late 1970s, it was considered pretty much the best Chinese
restaurant around. Now, with Monterey Park and Alhambra providing
lots of great Asian food. But the Panda Inn, is still a great
place.

For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
--
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Steve Pope
2016-08-12 01:07:57 UTC
Before following the link, I had guessed that "chork" was a conflation
of chicken and pork. Perhaps hollowed out chicken nuggets with ground
pork inside, a sort of paleo potsticker.

S.
Peter Lawrence
2016-08-12 01:43:00 UTC
Post by Steve Pope
Before following the link, I had guessed that "chork" was a conflation
of chicken and pork. Perhaps hollowed out chicken nuggets with ground
pork inside, a sort of paleo potsticker.
I thought it might have been slang for choking on a nugget of Panda's
Express Orange Chicken.

;)
Ciccio
2016-08-12 01:43:07 UTC
ei
Post by Julian Macassey
I'm not sure if you are knocking Panda Express or the
Chork.
I'm knocking neither. Rather, I'm saying if somebody raised in the BA,
especially in SF, needs a chork to facilitate eating with chop sticks,
then the person is probably a retard.
Post by Julian Macassey
For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
"For white people"? They say the one with the highest revenue is in
Honolulu where the majority of the population is handily Asian. Just
sayin'.

Ciccio
--
"Yes, making mock of uniforms that guard you while you sleep
is cheaper than them uniforms, and they're starvation cheap."
-- Kipling
Julian Macassey
2016-08-12 05:28:27 UTC
Post by Ciccio
ei
Post by Julian Macassey
I'm not sure if you are knocking Panda Express or the
Chork.
I'm knocking neither. Rather, I'm saying if somebody raised in the BA,
especially in SF, needs a chork to facilitate eating with chop sticks,
then the person is probably a retard.
Even if not a retard, like a spork, a chork looks like a
handy item to keep in your briefcase if you end up scarfimg some
takeout on a park bench. I usually carry some plastic spoons and
sometimes a spork for such times.
Post by Ciccio
Post by Julian Macassey
For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
"For white people"? They say the one with the highest revenue is in
Honolulu where the majority of the population is handily Asian. Just
sayin'.
Yes, white people. Panda Express are well represented in
the 'burbs and airports. They have better food than the other
chains I mentioned.

I have Asian friends and a Jewish friend who spend half
his year in Asia who eats at Panda Express.
--
It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through
disobedience and through rebellion. - Oscar Wilde
Ciccio
2016-08-12 15:16:43 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by Ciccio
ei
Post by Ciccio
Post by Julian Macassey
For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
"For white people"? They say the one with the highest revenue is in
Honolulu where the majority of the population is handily Asian. Just
sayin'.
Yes, white people. Panda Express are well represented in
the 'burbs and airports. They have better food than the other
chains I mentioned.
There are great many people of Asian descent living in the suburbs. For
example Daly City, where, btw, there are TWO Panda Express places. Asian
Americans, like most all Americans, have acquired a preference for
Americanized ethnic cuisines.

Indeed, I really roll my eyes when somebody takes it as a stamp of
authenticity or quality solely based on the ethnicity of a place's
customers. If, however, there is the added factor that it is patronized
by many ex pats from the same country of origin as the cuisine, I may
find that to be an indication of authenticity/quality.

Then, however, there is the situation where both a good many ex pats and
Americans frequent an ethnic restaurant. This is very common in Daly
City as to Asian restaurants, especially Filipino places.

Ciccio
-- Kipling
Julian Macassey
2016-08-12 16:01:27 UTC
Post by Ciccio
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by Ciccio
ei
Post by Ciccio
Post by Julian Macassey
For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
"For white people"? They say the one with the highest revenue is in
Honolulu where the majority of the population is handily Asian. Just
sayin'.
Yes, white people. Panda Express are well represented in
the 'burbs and airports. They have better food than the other
chains I mentioned.
There are great many people of Asian descent living in the suburbs. For
example Daly City, where, btw, there are TWO Panda Express places. Asian
Americans, like most all Americans, have acquired a preference for
Americanized ethnic cuisines.
There are some suburbs in places like the Bay Area that
do have Asian enclaves, but you know exactly what I was writing
about. Also yes, I know Asians fly too so they may be eating at
an airport Panda Express. That doesn't change my statement.
Post by Ciccio
Indeed, I really roll my eyes when somebody takes it as a stamp of
authenticity or quality solely based on the ethnicity of a place's
customers. If, however, there is the added factor that it is patronized
by many ex pats from the same country of origin as the cuisine, I may
find that to be an indication of authenticity/quality.
You may have noted that I mentioned the foundation of the
Panda Express chain and who I note eats there.
--
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era
of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Ciccio
2016-08-12 19:48:18 UTC
[
Post by Julian Macassey
There are some suburbs in places like the Bay Area that
do have Asian enclaves, but you know exactly what I was writing
Yep, writing like Americans who ask other Americans (often
multiple-generation American born) of Asian descent if they speak the
language of their ethnicity, but who never ask Americans of European
descent, say German or Scandinavian, if they speak the language of their
ethnicity...Go figure.

Other Americans never ask me and are, indeed, taken aback that I can
speak Italian, notwithstanding that they know I am of Italian descent.
So, I guess me and mine have arrived.

Of course, the government bullies confirm that I am white because, in
their words, I am "a person having origins in any of the original
peoples of Europe." Initially, I even balked at that because I was
equating "original" with "indigenous." That, however, became mooted
because I was reminded that some ancestors of mine were Basque.

Ciccio
-- Kipling
Steve Pope
2016-08-13 04:25:48 UTC
Post by Ciccio
Other Americans never ask me and are, indeed, taken aback that I can
speak Italian, notwithstanding that they know I am of Italian descent.
Loro non capiscono un cazzo!

S.
Ciccio
2016-08-13 15:49:22 UTC
Post by Steve Pope
Post by Ciccio
Other Americans never ask me and are, indeed, taken aback that I can
speak Italian, notwithstanding that they know I am of Italian descent.
Loro non capiscono un cazzo!
Sono d'accordo.

Ciccio
-- Kipling
sms
2016-08-12 01:53:14 UTC
On 8/11/2016 5:52 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:

<snip>
Post by Julian Macassey
For a fast lunch, Panda Express is better than any other
Asian food for white people chain, such as P. F. Changs, Pick Up
Stix etc.
The Pick Up Stix near me closed, but I recall it being much better than
Panda Distress.
Peter Lawrence
2016-08-12 05:33:31 UTC
Post by sms
The Pick Up Stix near me closed, but I recall it being much better than
Panda Distress.
If you're talking about the one in Cupertino, it was definitely NOT better
than the Cupertino Panda Express. In fact it was decidedly worse. All
their dishes were WAY too salty.

- Peter
isw
2016-08-12 04:18:22 UTC
[...]