Waitstaff claims 25% tippage
Nomen Nescio
2011-10-14 01:41:22 UTC
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/san-francisco-restaurants-want-to-make-25-standard-tip-rate/

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/99.7 Now) – It’s a question many of us ask when we go out to a restaurant. “How much should I tip?” Whether your service is good or bad, San Francisco Restaurant workers want to implement a 25% standard tip onto your bill for you. Is this fair?
spamtrap1888
2011-10-14 03:50:02 UTC
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/san-francisco-restaurants...
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/99.7 Now) – It’s a question many of us ask when we go out to a restaurant. “How much should I tip?” Whether your service is good or bad, San Francisco Restaurant workers want to implement a 25% standard tip onto your bill for you. Is this fair?
Don't let Tim see this.

But I'm curious about the rationale for a boost. Did it suddenly get
HARDER to carry food from kitchens to tables? Has the price of
restaurant meals dropped precipitously, so that 18% to 20% of the tab
is now insubstantial?

Why not just shift the 3.5% "health care" surcharge to the waitrons'
pockets instead of letting it flow to the restaurants' bottom line?

http://www.sfbg.com/politics/2011/09/22/sf-restaurants-cheat-health-care
Golden California Girls
2011-10-14 04:46:57 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/san-francisco-restaurants-want-to-make-25-standard-tip-rate/
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/99.7 Now) – It’s a question many of us ask when we go out to a restaurant. “How much should I tip?” Whether your service is good or bad, San Francisco Restaurant workers want to implement a 25% standard tip onto your bill for you. Is this fair?
I thought they wanted 500%

May be time to make tipping a thing of the past. Doing so might even make
the government more money.
Pico Rico
2011-10-14 13:56:42 UTC
Post by Golden California Girls
Post by Nomen Nescio
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/san-francisco-restaurants-want-to-make-25-standard-tip-rate/
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/99.7 Now) – It’s a question many of us ask when we
go out to a restaurant. “How much should I tip?” Whether your service is
good or bad, San Francisco Restaurant workers want to implement a 25%
standard tip onto your bill for you. Is this fair?
I thought they wanted 500%
May be time to make tipping a thing of the past. Doing so might even make
the government more money.
I agree. I thought it was great when I was in Europe and the menu showed
actual prices, tax and tip included.
Patti Beadles
2011-10-14 21:16:28 UTC
Not so fast:

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2011/10/14/ok-are-restaurant-staffers-really-demanding-a-25-tip-standard/

There doesn't seem to be any supporting evidence for the claim.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles, Oakland, CA |
pattib~pattib.org | All religions are equally
http://stopshootingauto.com | as often as possible. C. Bond
Dan Abel
2011-10-14 22:05:59 UTC
Post by Patti Beadles
http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2011/10/14/ok-are-restaurant-staffers-rea
lly-demanding-a-25-tip-standard/
There doesn't seem to be any supporting evidence for the claim.
Whenever we go to the store, we ask our daughter if she needs anything.
A pony. Well, it's 15 years later, and still no pony.
--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA