Saturday Morning Breakfast
Gary Charpentier
2008-09-27 02:29:37 UTC
Looking for places where a group of 5 to 10 get get some decent morning food.
When I say morning food, that isn't IHOP or Denny's grand slam. Location from
downtown LA to Rosemead up towards Burbank through Pasadena.
Julian Macassey
2008-09-27 02:38:23 UTC
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:29:37 -0700, Gary Charpentier
Post by Gary Charpentier
Looking for places where a group of 5 to 10 get get some decent morning food.
When I say morning food, that isn't IHOP or Denny's grand slam. Location from
downtown LA to Rosemead up towards Burbank through Pasadena.
The Griddle, on Sunset and Fairfax. Next to the
Director's Guild.

Great food, enormous portions, good coffee.

http://www.thegriddlecafe.com/
--
"Our proposal is a big proposal. And the reason it's big and substantial is
because we got a big problem." - G.W. Bush Sept 26 2008
Peter Lawrence
2008-09-27 09:06:53 UTC
Post by Gary Charpentier
Looking for places where a group of 5 to 10 get get some decent morning food.
When I say morning food, that isn't IHOP or Denny's grand slam. Location from
downtown LA to Rosemead up towards Burbank through Pasadena.
Armon's Restaurant in Eagle Rock (on Eagle Rock Blvd).

Don't know if all 10 could seat all-together though -- might have to be
split up to different tables. Otherwise, it's a place you should consider.

I was going to recommend the Cookshack in South Pasadena for Sunday
breakfasts but I've read that they have recently closed down their
restaurant business. But they're still available for catering.

- Peter
Gary Charpentier
2008-10-08 22:31:54 UTC
Post by Peter Lawrence
Post by Gary Charpentier
Looking for places where a group of 5 to 10 get get some decent morning food.
When I say morning food, that isn't IHOP or Denny's grand slam.
Location from
downtown LA to Rosemead up towards Burbank through Pasadena.
Armon's Restaurant in Eagle Rock (on Eagle Rock Blvd).
Don't know if all 10 could seat all-together though -- might have to be
split up to different tables. Otherwise, it's a place you should consider.
I was going to recommend the Cookshack in South Pasadena for Sunday
breakfasts but I've read that they have recently closed down their
restaurant business. But they're still available for catering.
- Peter
Thanks all, for the ideas. Just wish there were more.

Our group has been to Mi Piace and Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in
Pasadena. Occasionally we get to Pacific Dining Car. When the person with the
easily upset system shows up we sometimes go to Green Street in Pasadena. When
the number we have is on the small side we have even gone for machaca con huevos
at El Tepayac. Only problem is they don't take AMEX and there is always a wait.
Unfortunately, Robins in Pasadena isn't open for breakfast any more.

When we get official out of town visitors Carrows in Montebello Town Center
takes care of us, but that is IHOP/Denny's food.

If anyone has some other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Gary