Two non-BA restaurants
Peter Lawrence
2010-08-09 23:36:40 UTC
If you happen to find yourself in LA, you might want to try
Daikokuya, which has awesome ramen. The style is a strong
pork broth with miso, roasted pork, and a perfectly cooked
egg bobbing above the noodles. I ate at the one in Little
Tokyo.
I also dined at Animal, on N. Fairfax, a bastion of pig
parts nestled among the kosher eateries. Everything was
good, but the pig's ear with fried egg, head cheese with ramp
vinaigrette, and foie gras on a biscuit with maple sausage gravy
stood out. The poutine is ridiculously rich, the gravy heavy
with braised oxtail.
http://www.daikoku-ten.com/dkltmp.html
http://www.animalrestaurant.com/
I presume that the prices at Daikokuya were inexpensive (to moderate at
most). But how were the prices at Animal? How much did you pay for your
meal there?

- Peter
Michael Sierchio
2010-08-10 00:20:52 UTC
Post by Peter Lawrence
http://www.daikoku-ten.com/dkltmp.html
http://www.animalrestaurant.com/
I presume that the prices at Daikokuya were inexpensive (to moderate at
most). But how were the prices at Animal? How much did you pay for
your meal there?
Animal was probably about $100 w/a bottle of wine, sans tip. I didn't
pay. ;-)

- M