Japantown
Julian Macassey
2012-04-16 19:56:00 UTC
On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:06:06 +0000 (UTC), Meg Worley
We had a lot of favorite places in Little Tokyo, plus one
great find in Monterey Park. Ah, those were the days.
Japanese in Monterey Park?

Do tell.
--
"I am not a Washington figure despite the years I have been here."
- Newt Gingrich. May 23, 2011
Meg Worley
2012-04-17 00:41:21 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
We had a lot of favorite places in Little Tokyo, plus one
great find in Monterey Park. Ah, those were the days.
Japanese in Monterey Park?
Do tell.
Open Door, more or less on the corner of Atlantic and Garvey
(or is it Garfield? I always get them mixed up). One of the
best izakayas around. If you go, tell Elaine (the manager)
hello for us.

Also on Atlantic, a block or two away, is an outpost of
Daikokuya (for better ramen than I've had in the Yay Area),
plus a downmarket authentic izakaya called Shinsengumi.

Rage away,

meg
Meg Worley _._ ***@gmail.com _._ Comparatively Literate
Golden California Girls
2012-07-21 15:11:51 UTC

Atlantic and Garfield would be Alhambra and that is In-n-Out, Twohees, Pharo's burgers and a a sushi place I can't remember the name of.
Hans Klager
2012-07-21 19:39:50 UTC
Post by Golden California Girls
>> We had a lot of favorite places in Little Tokyo, plus one
>> great find in Monterey Park. Ah, those were the days.
> Japanese in Monterey Park?
>
> Do tell.
Open Door, more or less on the corner of Atlantic and Garvey
(or is it Garfield? I always get them mixed up). One of the
best izakayas around. If you go, tell Elaine (the manager)
hello for us.
Also on Atlantic, a block or two away, is an outpost of
Daikokuya (for better ramen than I've had in the Yay Area),
plus a downmarket authentic izakaya called Shinsengumi.
Rage away,
meg
--
Atlantic and Garfield would be Alhambra and that is In-n-Out,
Twohees, Pharo's burgers and a a sushi place I can't remember the
name of.
Atlantic and Garvey is Moneteray Park. In fact, the Monteray Park City
hall is just three blocks away. Plus oddly Garvey runs between
Atlantic and Garfield in Monteray Park.
--
"Bankers are greedy, they've been greedy for the last hundreds of years.
- Nouriel Roubani, 7 July 2012