Punishing the Pretentious Punters
Peter Lawrence
2013-04-14 19:59:31 UTC
Wonderful story in the LA times about how the "Emporer's
Clothes", restaurants further punish the foolish.
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-trois-mec-20130414,0,4973794.story
Oh this could be fun...

"There are no refunds or exchanges, but diners can sell their tickets and
then transfer them on the Trois Mec site."

I think some enterprising scalpers are going to have a field day with this.

Hello eBay & Craig's List!

- Peter
Patti Beadles
2013-04-27 22:28:20 UTC
Post by Peter Lawrence
I think some enterprising scalpers are going to have a field day with this.
Alinea in Chicago has used a ticketing model for a while now. A
quick look at Craigslist and Ebay suggests that scalping isn't an
issue.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles, Oakland, CA |
pattib~pattib.org | All religions are equally
http://stopshootingauto.com | as often as possible. C. Bond
Hans Klager
2013-04-28 04:28:13 UTC
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:28:20 +0000 (UTC), Patti Beadles
Post by Patti Beadles
Post by Peter Lawrence
I think some enterprising scalpers are going to have a field day with this.
Alinea in Chicago has used a ticketing model for a while now. A
quick look at Craigslist and Ebay suggests that scalping isn't an
issue.
That could be because the ticket prices are already
higher than the market wants.
--
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell